Friday, July 20, 2012

Hot Times

Because it is still July, I've been trying not to whine about how hot it has been.  I mean, really hot.  Like on Wednesday it registered 105* with a 112* heat index!  Whew!  I really beleive the temperatures have been affecting all of our humors. . .negatively.  We are, not a one of us, tolerant of anything right now.  So, I'm going to continue my quest to try and not whine about it. . .afterall, none of us can do anything about the weather, right??  So, if you see me with a fake smile, just fake smile me back.  I'll understand.  Somewhere deep down inside.

In spite of the heat and nasty storms, this summer has been going pretty quickly.  I can't believe there are only 5 more weeks until Aidan goes back to school.  On the good side of that, my daycare expense goes down drastically in 5 weeks!!!!  : )  (real smile)

Aidan has been have a lot of fun at the Winwood Summer Camp.  He's been to several waterparks and pools, the Dinasaur Playground, Pump It Up, An Ice Cream Parlor Tour and Tasting (yum!), had Slime Pit Relays, and gone bowling.  Just this week they learned the latest dance moves and sang Karaoke, went to Claude Moore Water Park, had Readers Theatre, An Acting Workshop with Curtains Up and today they will create a commercial.  Wow!  Next week they will have a Toilet Paper Fashion Show (  ; 0  ), go to Burke Lake Park--I went there when I was a kid!, learn magic tricks from a magician, go the movies at Cobb, and then have a Talent Show! 

And they still have several other water parks to visit (Algonkian Volcano Island and Splash Down to name a couple), plus they will also be going to Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum in August. 

I want to go to Camp!

On days that the kids don't have a field trip, the teachers have been awesome having the rising first graders read to the rising kindergartners.  And they have continued to work on the children's sight words.  Aidan has a journal that he works on by writing two sentences and drawing a picture showing what he has been doing each week.  It really helps him continue to work on sounding out words and to relate the picture to the words.  He doesn't spell everything correctly, but he is doing awesome with this!  And I can understand everything he has written!

Aidan is continuing to grow like a weed, too.  I haven't measured or weighed him lately, but I know he has grown.  I will only be buying him size 7 for school this year.  I think we'll skip over size 6 since the one remaining nice pair of jeans he has are on the verge of being floods.  I will measure and weigh him just before school starts.

We have also been letting Aidan's hair grow.  However, it is time to get a trim and then we can get it trimmed again before school.  He looks really cute with shaggy hair.  But, that shaggy hair needs a little bit of shaping right now!

Here is a picture of me with my two sisters and my mom earlier this summer.  Mom should have had her sunglasses on too!

So, that's about it from me.  I will continue to try to keep the w(h)ine in the glass and not in my voice.  : )

1 comment:

Joy said...

Stacy,
You are so funny! I was just complaining to Gerard yesterday that it was not hot enough. He looked at me like I was crazy. I want to go to Aidan's summer camp too.
Joy