Friday, February 22, 2008

Another Ice Storm! I'm home with the puppies today as my office is closed because of the ice. Not much to do except work on Aidan's quilt. I have one more square to cross stitch and then I'll be ready to piece it together. I already bought the back piece and will just need to cut out squares for the top. I'll post pictures of it when it's pieced together.

I called a friend from church yesterday and was able to set up our Day Care. Dawn is awesome. She heads up the Nursery at our church and has three boys of her own. Her home is located just outside of Leesburg on a road that also ends near my office in Waterford (after going through Purcellville and Hamilton). The location is perfectly situated between where I work, where Pat works and where we live. Dawn says her home is on 5 acres and is a boys haven. Aidan is going to love it there! Eventually, when we all think he is ready, I'd like Aidan to go to the Preschool at our Church and Dawn has indicated she would be willing to take him for us. I couldn't be happier about this situation. Since I have to leave him to go to work, this will be the perfect situation for our little guy!

I had our Social Worker jumping through some hoops over the last couple of days. . .I had read in a blog of some folks who were on the first trip with us about an account that they had to pay money into in order to pay their second trip fees. I had completely forgotten that we already paid these fees so I was confused and had her check, and double check, about it to see if we had more to pay. She is so sweet! Never complaining, she did as I asked and of course we don't owe anything more, except our travel fees, which will be paid as we go once back in Russia. Of course I remembered that we had already paid these fees as soon as she had told me, for the second time, that we didn't owe anything more! I'm such a goof! But, I am grateful that our Social Worker is soooo kind and patient with me and my goofiness. . .

We're hoping to get a better timeline soon of when we might possibly go. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

We bought the kid mobile last weekend from a friend of ours. It's a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. It has all of the bells and whistles without the high price We couldn't have gotten luckier on that. We'll be picking it up tomorrow, maybe. Unfortunately, the tags I wanted 4Aidan or Aidans are both already taken! (How dare they! : ) ) But, I'm sure I'll find something. I like the Virginia Kids First tags, though. They have little hand prints in primary colors on them with red lettering. I'll think of something fun to do on the tags.

The blog of the folks in Russia I have been following indicated that this couple has been able to see their two boys every day this week. They won't go to see them over the weekend, and I'm not sure about next week, but what great bonding time! I'll look forward to being able to do that with Aidan when we go.

Until next time!

No comments: