Thursday, April 1, 2010

Quick Update. . .

First, some good news: Aidan does not have mono!!!!!! Yeah!!! His Epsteins Barr test came back negative, for which i am grateful. I still feel bad that I missed the whole Strep thing, but the nurses at the doctors office keep telling me that I would never have known since Aidan wasn't complaining of a sore throat or running a fever. I did do the right thing by bringing him in when I saw the swollen glands. . .some comfort, at least! His glands are going down. The one on the left is gone-i can't feel it at all. The one on the right is still there, but considerably smaller than it was. . .and, guess what?!?!? He isn't snoring anymore!!! Who knew. . .

My friend who has cancer isn't doing too well. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday due to shortness of breath and it was found that she has embollisms in both lungs. She will be there through tomorrow, I think. I am very worried for her and her husband and just keep praying something more can be done. . .

Another friend is also in the hospital with gall stones and pancreatitis. She went in on Sunday but, at last word, has not been able to have the surgery to remove her gall bladder because her enzymes were not getting to the right level. She is on morphine, but is in so much pain that she has been breathing shallowly, which is causing fluid to build up in her lungs, so now there is a concern for pneumonia.

Aidan has been drawing pictures for both of Mommy's friends. Hopefully they will b ring a little smile to their faces.

And so, we pray this Holy week for some friends of mine who seem to be suffering beyond my meager imagining. . .

In other news, Aidan can now spell his first name. We work with him all the time, especially in the car, on learning his full name, address, phone number, etc. But, what a happy surprise the other day when he started actually spelling, out loud, his first name!

We took him to the Ringling Borther Circus last Sunday and he had a blast. I took tons of pictures, which I will post this weekend along with some other pictures I took. In fact, I'll probably do an all picture post. . .just to catch up!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Really glad Aidan doesn't have mono, but so sorry to hear about your friends. Will be praying for them!