Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Fifth Birthday!

Whoa.  Can you believe it???  It's been five years today since I started this blog!  I "met" Joy five year ago, too.  I have since met her in person, but at the time I marveled at our blog friendship.  We were in it together.  Love that girl!  And Gerard and Anna too!

At the time I started this blog, I was in despair.  We were waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and WAITING for our court date.  I had no idea that I would find out about our court date less than two weeks after I started this blog! 

So, Happy Birthday Blog!!!  I can't believe you are already five years old!!!  You're getting so big!!!   : )

In other news:

I got my Ugg boots on Wednesday, as expected.  LOVE them!!!  Cannot wait to try them out, which will happen on Sunday when we take Aidan to skate at Reston Town Center.  Fun!!  And my feet will be warm, too.

Today we went to the Post Office to mail off the Passport Renewal stuff.  After filling out the online information and paying the money, I received an email with four attachments:  Application #1 that needed to be printed and signed, but not dated; Application #2 that needed to be printed; signed and dated; Transliteration of the name that needed to be printed, signed and dated; Affidavit that needed to be printed, signed, dated and notarized (ahhhhh. . .looking for that part!)  I had to mail all of that along with three copies of passport photos of Aidan, one of me, a copy of my USA passport, Aidan's original Russian passport and birth certificate (freak out!!!), a copy of Aidan's adoption certificate and a copy of Aidan's USA passport.  I inlcuded a letter indicating I was entrusting these people with my babies legal documents and that I expected them all back unharmed.  I also included a prepaid return Fedex envelope, although it was not necesary, just to make my point.  I am sure they will comply. . .I hope. 

Aidan is now 57 pounds.  And I looked at his foot last night and I think it is the same size as mine!!! 

Wednesday I made it to church for Ash Wednesday services.  Felt good.  We're going to church, tomorrow, too.  Can't wait.  I know it will feel good.  It's so hard to go every Sunday these days with Aidan's hockey.  But, after the next two weeks, it should be easier because his games will be on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday morning!

That's it for today.  See ya'll soon!!

No comments: