Monday, September 9, 2013

I Pledge Allegiance to the Tooth. . .Nothin' But Tooth!

Well, the first week of school passed without any major hiccups.  It looks like Aidan is settling in for another year of learning.  He only complained a little about homework, which started right away, by the way.  But, it was light this first week, consisting only reading nightly for at least 15 minutes.  The other criteria was that it needed to be at least 100 words.  I hit the jackpot on Thursday night when I chose "Hungry, Hungry Shark" for Aidan to read.  We were all very tired and he complained a bit when we sat down to read.  But after settling in, I noticed that he was interested in what he was reading--he kept stopping to talk about what he had read and also to ask questions!!--and he was reading really well, too!! 

Friday found me on Amazon.com looking for more books about sharks, fish and anything ocean related. . .

The cold Aidan has had for the last few weeks is finally dissipating. . . of course, I now have it! 

When I got home on Friday, Aidan ran up to me and said, "Mama!  Look!"  He then opened his mouth and began to wiggle his lower middle tooth. . .whoa!  That thing was so wiggly!!   I knew it was coming out.  So, we proceeded to work on it. . .


And then we had to leave for his hockey evaluation skate. . .but that didn't stop Aidan from working on that tooth!!


He had to stop when it was time to go on the ice, where he was definitely one of the best, if not THE best, skaters on the ice!!!  (Yes, I'm the Mama, but really he's good!)

Daddy didn't go with us to this one.  He stayed home to help finish the railing on the porch--which looks beautiful!!!  Next up, the flooring!!!

After Aidan's skate, we came back home for dinner and some more wiggling of the tooth:

That tooth was soooo ready to come out!!  But, it needed to sit overnight.  So, we left it alone.  But, then, Saturday morning, it practically popped out into my hand!  I hardly had to touch it!  And now my baby has finally lost his first tooth.  : / 


He is now gap toothed. . .I think he'll be showing teeth for his next school picture!  : )  And the one next to that tooth is actually loose too!


The funny part was on Sunday morning.  Aidan came downstairs with his tooth fairy money clutched in his hand and said, "Mama, I thought it was gonna be $20. but it is only $3."  Um, son, I got a quarter for mine. . .

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful.  Aidan played well in his football game on Saturday.  Sunday we went to Lowe's and bought the two screen doors and ceiling fan for the porch as well as a new faucet for the kitchen sink and a towel bar for Aidan's bathroom to replace the one he broke doing pull ups. 

After a couple more stops for a new hockey net and a keg for the kegerator (it is football season, you know!) I realized it wasn't as quiet as I had thought!  But, it was still a nice weekend.

We even were able to sit on the porch a bit and read while all the neighborhood kids played on the pipestem!  That was nice.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh I know! We were so happy about a quarter! LOL I about had a fit when Doug suggested we leave $5 for Annsley's first tooth. $3 dollars is a bargain! Way to go, Mom!!! :)