Monday, June 7, 2010

No Balloons??? No Confetti??? No Ta Da Music???

Today I used my lunch break to go to the Loudoun County Court House to file our Final Order for the re-adoption of Aidan.

I drove into Leesburg, found excellent parking, walked over to the Court House, went through Security (after storing my cell phone in the little cell phone locker) and proceeded up the steps to the Clerk of the Court. . .where I was instructed to go to the File/Archives room in the basement--the stairs down could be found at the end of the room. . .two flights later, I arrived at this innocuous door which led into the File/Archives room. I proceeded over to the desk where a young man asked if he could help me. Proudly, I presented our Final Order documents and the Petition to receive the Virginia Certificate of Foreign Birth and identified that that was what I was presenting him. . .He gave my documents a cursory glance, stamped them in and said, "Okay. You're all done. You'll get the signed Order from the Judge in as little as 2 weeks."

Okay!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

And that was it! There were no balloons. . .there was no confetti. . .there was no Ta Da music. . .I was free to go. . .hmmmm. . .

Deflated, I left the File/Archive room, found my way back to the front of the Court House--through a convoluted outdoor route--retrieved my cell phone, walked back to the car and went back to work, where I arrived 40 minutes after I had left.

Well, I'll be celebrating BIG when the signed order is received!!!! : )

2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

It seems to be the things we think are going to be complicated, or take long that seem to be the easiest....go figure!

Troy and Rachel said...

Yeah - no balloons or confetti here either. And it took about 8 weeks for us to get the final order back I think - I had to start calling them and bugging them! I hope yours comes much, much faster!