Sunday, June 6, 2010

Down by the Cool of the Pool. . .


We had a playdate with a little girl who brought over a trike to ride that used to belong to Aidan. . .I guess he wanted to try it out again. . .he couldn't ride it at all two years ago because he was too small. Now he's too big! : )


So, it's that time of year when I break out my List Of Things To Do and update it with several items that need to be done during the summer. Here's a sneak peak of what we'll be doing:

* Deck Power Washed--Awesome! This is done! And it looks fantastic!
* Clean the windows, inside and out--some, including my kitchen window, still have a film on them from when the snow piled up on them last winter! Yikes!
* Have the Carpets cleaned. I keep putting this one off thinking what we have left will be replaced soon by wood floor. But, that doesn't look to be happening this year, so they MUST be cleaned this summer.
* Clean out closets and have a huge garage/yard sale. . .Definitely will do this in August!
* Take Aidan to Luray Caverns. . .definitely an August thing to do!
That's it. Not so bad, considering what my List usually looks like! : ) I might be able to get started on the windows next weekend. At least get the front windows done. . .

Our Social Worker sent in the final Response to the Order for our re-adoption. We got a copy in the mail yesterday. So, I will finish our Final Order paperwork, get it notarized, and then send it in this week. I'm hoping to have this all final with Aidan's new Virginia Certificate of Foreign birth later this summer. That would be a HUGE check off on the List Of Things To Do!

Meanwhile, we have had no relief on Pat's work schedule. He is currently on the midnight shift, which is mostly just difficult on the weekends. But, added to that, he has worked a couple of double shifts. So, needless to say, he has been exhausted. And I've had to keep Aidan quiet and occupied throughout the day. Yesterday was especially difficult because it was my weekend to clean the house. Aidan was good and stayed in the basement. But, a couple of his friends came over, rang the doorbell which got the dogs barking, and woke up Pat. So, today I will put a note over the doorbell asking that they call first. I meant to tell them that yesterday when they went home, but forgot. They were all good once they were in and safely downstairs though and really helped keep Aidan occupied.

Sadly, this morning when Pat came home, the dogs barked when they heard the garage door open, which woke me and Aidan up, and Aidan immediately wanted to get dressed and go play quietly down in the basement. . .poor kiddo!!! I so hope today is nice enough to go to the pool!!! Where Aidan can say "Wheee!!! Can you dance like me???? Down by the Cool of the Pool."

Next Sunday we're headed over to Upperville where the 160th Colt and Horse show will be wrapping up. I love going to this. We arrive early and walk around looking at all of the colts and horses, which are really beautiful. Then, Aidan can go on a moon bounce and take a pony ride. All of this is wrapped up with a nice picnic lunch on blankets and lawn chairs while we watch the jumping portion of the show. It is an awesome sight to see these beautiful animals fly through the air!

In a couple of weeks we're going to take Aidan to his first movie at a theatre. Toy Story 3 opens on June 18th and I got a free ticket for him. We already have movie tickets for me and Pat, so this should be really fun! I can't wait to see his reaction to going to a movie in a theatre. I think he'll love it!

In six weeks we leave for the beach! Woo Hoo!!! I need to make a list for that. . . : )

There was talk of going to Moe's for dinner tonight. However, I think we'll stay home, as a family and grill steaks out with corn on the cob and salad on the side. That sounds soooo much nicer, don't you think?

No comments: