Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! 

I always cook corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, etc.  on this day.  Every year.  Every year, that is, except for in 2008.  In 2008 Pat and I were frantically running around the house packing our last minute items, dropping off dogs, and then headed out for Mexican food--yes, Mexican food!!--with some friends of ours.  Why?  Because we left the US on March 18th for a month long trip to Russia to get our boy, that's why!!

I cannot believe we're at this three year mark.  Three years ago, that month in Russia loomed before us and seemed so daunting.  Away from home for a month; living day to day in a hotel room in the middle of Siberia; in March.  It was dark and cold. . .but there was a light, our boy.  And he came to us long before the end of the tunnel--9 days before! 

I think about how slowly the time passed from March 18th until April 4th--Gotcha Day--and it seems a bit surreal.  The time since that April 4th has speeded up exponentially and, just lately, seems much more like a blur.  Aidan has grown and changed so much!  He is the most awesome little boy.

And so, I am off to get my corned beef, etc. into the crock pot to simmer on low all day so that dinner is ready when we get home tonight.  I still have a bunch of hockey videos to show you all, but until I have time to get them loaded up here, I will leave you with these:

My little hockey puck. . .

No comments: