Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thanks. . .

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and suggestions on my last post.  I guess I opened something up for some of you and made it look like I needed help on this from others!  : )

I should clarify that we do talk about where Aidan is from quite frequently.  We have pictures of Russia, Aidan at the baby home, maps, etc. . . all over the house.  Aidan knows where he was from. . . he even brings up most nights at dinner that we are eating dinner and everyone in Russia is eating breakfast!  (Kras is a 12 hour time difference!). 

Aidan's baby home was called a baby home:  home for children ages new born to 4 years old.  It was Baby Home #5 and that is what I have called it for 3 1/2 years.  I think so many people put a very negative connotation on orphanage which is why I choose not to use it, not to mention he actually was in a Baby Home!

AS for my reaction, it just points out to me that I need to talk to Aidan further about things people may blurt out at times without realizing the possible effects it may have.  I was upset by this situation because the child blurted out something I was in the process of explaining and saying we don't use that word. 

Anyway, thanks again.  Love the book suggestions.  Might look into those to go along with the stacks we already have!! 

God Bless.

No comments: