Barb, over at Holm Sweet Home http://holmsweethomeblog.blogspot.com/ has chosen me for a blog award! Very sweet of Barb. . .I really like her story so take a look at it. One of the things that amazes me is that she is Canadian, married to a wonderful sounding husband from Finland (they currently live in Finland). Their three adorable boys are have dual citizenship Canada and Finland. They adopted a gorgeous little girl from Russia who now has dual citizenship for Finland and Russia. Travels to other countries must be absolutely interesting with keeping all of the passports straight! : ) Who gets what passport and when?!?!?!?
Anyway, the point of this award is to tell you all 7 things about me that I have not previously shared. So, here goes! Hope I don't bore you to death!!!
1. I once swam an ocean swim at Seal Beach in California. We had to run down the beach, swim through the waves, swim out to an oil rig, go around the rig, swim back to the beach and through the waves and then run back up to the finish line. I got fourth place out of 100 swimmers which was a cute seal metal with a green ball on his nose.
2. I love to travel to new and different places especially if there is history involved in that place.
3. I love being home with nothing to do. . .something that has not happened in about. . .um. . . 3 years! : )
4. I am an absolute history geek. I have a lot of useless knowledge crammed in my brain where it sits waiting the perfect opportunity to come out and bore whomever I am with!
5. I love books of all kinds and will read just about anything. . .preferably if there is some kind of history involved!
6. I rate Mexican Restaurants on the chips and salsa AND their ability to make a good Chili Rellano. . .my mom makes the best in the world. . .if they are even close to my moms, I this them 5 stars. Currently I have only one that fits that and luckily for me it is located right here in Leesburg: Los Tios. Excellente!
7. I always dreamed of having 10 children when I was growing up and living in the country. . .I live on the edge of the country and have one child and think I am one of the luckiest people in the whole world!
So now. I'm supposed to pass this on. Whom to chose? I'll pick these two:
Joy at http://www.becomingamommy.blogspot.com/ and Liz at http://www.jer2911theplansihaveforyou.blogspot.com/
both are wonderful people who have brought home a couple of cutie pies from various locations in Russia. Enjoy their blogs!