Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here we Go Again!

It's six o'clock here in Punxatawny. . .and it's Groundhog Day!!!!!!!

Yep, that's how things feel these days.  Just like that movie.  I wake up.  I run.  I make two lunches and a snack.  I shower and get ready for work, wake Aidan up and get him dressed/fed and off to school.  Go to work.  Come home.  Fix dinner/do laundry/fix bedtime snack/read to Aidan/go to bed. . .and then the alarm goes off again and it's, in the words of Mario, Here we go again!

I need to mix things up a bit. . .so, last night I started our taxes.  Basically finished them too!  All I need is the tax ID number for Winwood--can't seem to find it in my taxes from last year. . .I'll get that today and then finish those up tonight after I get my hair cut and while the boys go skating.

Friends are coming for Pizza and Wii on Saturday after Aidan's Mini Mites and then on Sunday Aidan has a playdate--not sure yet what we'll do, but Aidan will have fun!

Aidan's Second Quarter Report Card came yesterday.  He is doing really well.  He is all E's (Exceeds) or M's (Meets) on the requirements.  He only had one N (Needs Improvement) and that was not being a distraction to others--apparantly he has a hard time sitting still during Circle Time.  We'll work on that.  Basically, I'm very pround of his progress at school.  I knew he was a smarty pants!!

And so, we're in the Winter Doldrums.  It's February 2nd: too early to really Think Spring although we've had a warmish winter; and there's really nothing fun on the near horizon--Easter and Spring Break are still a couple of months away!  So, we need to find some fun things to do. . .any suggestions???

On other, less good news, my mom had to have hip replacement surgery yesterday.  It went well and she will be in the hospital for a few days.  I spoke to her breifly last night and she sounded fine.  She won't be getting out of bed to walk until later today because her bones are pretty brittle from all of the Chemotherapy and Radiation she had when her cancer was initally treated.

And, my Grandfather is actively dying.  That sounds horrible, I know, but really it's not.  He's almost 96 and he is ready to go be with my Grandmother.  He talks about wanting to see her again all the time!  So, I pray he passes peacefully.

And that's it.  Nothing big, new or exciting.  Just life as it happens in our neck of the woods.  Hopefully, next time I'll have something fun to say and some cool pictures to share!

Happy Groundhog Day!  May your Spring come early!!

No comments: