Saturday, August 10, 2013

Let The Fall Schedule Begin

Well, this summer is certainly moving right along.  Isn't it?  It's been cloudy and rainy a lot, though.  But, I can't complain about the heat.  We really have had a lot fewer 90+ degree days than last year.  So, my annual August grumbling about the heat really doesn't have any foundation.

I'll still be glad when August is over, though.  It's just not one of my favorite months.  Aside from the fact that one of my most favorite people was born and later married in the month, that is!!  (Love you Amy!)

Aidan just finished the last of his Ida Lee Camp experiences for the summer.  I'm kind of glad.  Although he has had a blast: swimming every day; bowling a couple of times; outdoor water park; basketball; arts and crafts; music; etc., etc., etc.  I have had to pack lunch and two snacks plus drinks each day.  Not that I am complaining, but it was just a bit of extra I had to do.  Three lunches a day, plus two snacks a day. 

But that is now over for the summer.  We are moving on to the second week of Hockey Camp.  I will still need to pack two snacks each day (easy peasy, comparatively speaking), but he is buying lunch at Pomodoros each day.  The Ice House arranges it.  Aidan picked out what he wants from the offered menu, and I just give them money.  Works for me!

Last Sunday, we took Aidan to pick up his Football helmet, shoulder pads and pants.  We paid an extra $10.00 and got him a pair of practice pants, too.  Monday, we took him to the evaluation mini camp.  On Tuesday, we found out he was on the Spiders team.  He had a practice on Wednesday and Thursday evening 6:00-7:15.  Talk about messing with my planned dinner schedule!!  But, we made it through and I have adjusted my plans for next week.  He will have practice, same time, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  This will happen one more week and then the last week of August we go back to Wednesday and Thursday for the remainder of the season. 

I also got his game schedule yesterday.  Not too bad on the times.  The earliest is 8:30, but most are at 10:30.  That will be really great.  Especially once hockey starts!

Aidan cracked us up after he got his helmet and pads.  He stood in the parking lot with them on and said:  "Boom!  Boom!  Fire Power!!!  (have you seen Night at the Museum 2?  You'll understand if you had!)

Don't you just love all that gear with the flip flops???  LOL!!!

Back to hockey for a moment:  Aidan has three weeks left with Cold Rush lessons on Wednesday morning.  He loves the lessons, but really hates one of the instructors.  She hounds him constantly.  It's to the point where I am ready to really say something to her about not taking away his fun!  Since it's cloudy today, we're going to go over to the Ice House and go to Free Skate and just skate for fun.  I think that will help.  And, I'm in the search process for a new lesson.  There is one in Reston that I would love to get him in.  If I can get a Saturday time, that is!!

In other news. . .the porch has started!!!  In fact, the beginnings of the walls started to go up yesterday!!!  We have some yard clean up to do this afternoon and tomorrow and then I expect next week some major progress will be occurring.  I will share pictures once it is all complete.  I'm planning a picture progress from start to finish.  You'll be amazed at the transformation.  I already am!

I can't wait to buy mums to decorate my new porch!!!

3 weeks till school starts?!?!?!?  Yikes!!!!

Have a great weekend and next week!

1 comment:

sonflowerjax said...

Just catching up on blog reading and I love reading your updates! Aidan cracks me up with his gear and flip flop combo!! :-) enjoy these last few weeks of summer!