Thursday, February 6, 2014

This and That

Some catch up. . .

A couple of weeks ago, we went out to dinner for Pat's birthday.  Pat took this adorable picture of Aidan and Grandma. . .


Last Friday, Aidan's school had favorite jersey and hat day.  Aidan picked out what he wanted to wear. . .Yes, he does have a mixed message going on. . .but how cute!!!
PS  Team Russia plays Team USA for hockey on Saturday, February 15th. . .ummmm, Go Team!!  : )  

Are you ready for the Olympics???  I can't believe it starts tonight with the Opening Ceremony tomorrow!  So excited!

We had another snow storm on Sunday night to Monday.  Loudoun County schools went to school, and on time. . .I was so proud of them!!  But, my office closed!  : )  What a treat to be at home all day and get things done without any distractions!  I got caught up on laundry, ironing, folding and putting away of said laundry, cleaned out the frig and I even got started on our taxes!  I haven't gotten any further since then, but I've started!

Then, we had another storm Tuesday night and Wednesday.  But, this time, it was ice.  I hate ice.  Schools were closed and my work had a delayed start of 11:00.  The roads were really slick heading to my office, but I made it safely with only a couple of spots where I felt the Tahoe slip a little.  It was all crashing down by the time I was on my way home.

We ended up with about 1/4 to 1/3 inch.  It's very pretty, but oh so dangerous!!


 It took nearly a half hour to deice my car so I could drive to work!!





















It got very windy last night.  Pat got called in to work and has not made it home yet.  Ice, power lines, old growth trees and wind don't make a very nice mix. . .

And now, my friends, I hear we're going to have another storm this weekend.  Aren't we so lucky????  (you can't hear the sarcasm, can you?)

Aidan's hockey team continues to be a dominant force.  They did finally lose a game, by one, last Saturday.  And I have to say, my little guy was very upset.  But, he bounced back and helped his House League team win the very next morning and his travel team win big again in the afternoon.  There is one game this Saturday afternoon--no these games don't get cancelled due to weather, these are hockey people! And then just practice and a House League game Sunday morning.  Next weekend we will be off to Philadelphia for a tournament where our boys will be playing up a division.  Woo Hoo!!  I think they are ready. . .

On the Gluten Free front, I have finally switched all of my make up, lotions, deodarant, and shampoo and conditioner.  I've been feeling so much better, I decided I needed to take that plunge too.  But, then, I got the devastating news yesterday that my favorite Grande Skim Caramel Macchiato fron Starbucks is NOT Gluten Free.  That's just wrong. . .: (  It's because of the flavoring.  And Starbucks has taken it further by saying that anything ordered from behind the counter cannot be guaranteed Gluten Free due to possible cross contamination.  And Aidan and I love going there for a special treat and sitting and chatting while we drink our drinks!  I may have to make this a very occasional treat. . .(dare you to say anything!!)

My mom continues to have a lot of problems.  These are problems that will not go away.  We're trying to figure out what to do:  Get her a home nurse for a while until she's a little stronger, go to the Assisted Living in Nevada where she is, or something else.  She actually qualifies for Hospice--she has an end stage diagnosis, but we're afraid she would give up if we did that.  So, we're praying on it and hoping to come up with our solution by this weekend.

That's about it for now.  Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: