Monday, April 6, 2020

Pandemic 4/6/2020

The numbers as of today:

World:  1,276,302
United States:  337,309
Virginia:  2637
Loudoun County:  167
Maryland:  3609
Washington, D. C.:  998

They are saying we may become a hotspot because people keep gathering in large crowds.  This weekend it was the wharf.  What are people thinking???  Pat and I don't even like going to the grocery store.

The government has now stated that people should wear masks or some kind of covering on our faces when out and about.  I guess I'll set up a bandana to begin with.  We do have 3 N95 masks, but I'm saving them in case things really get desperate.

There is some word that Hydroxychloroquine can be used for patients who have tested positive.  This is the medicine I take for my Rheumatoid Arthritis.  When we first heard that it could be something to use, both Aidan and Pat were so excited that I have protection.  But, now, because the government is stockpiling the drug, I can't get it.  It's on back order.  If I take it every day, I run out on April 19th.  So, Pat asked me last night to start taking it every other day, which will extend the time I have it.  I suppose that is good advise.

Aidan has been worried about what we would do for his birthday.  I told it may feel suckey this year, but we can still celebrate with just us--he wants a new phone and lobster : 0  And then after it is over, we'll get three of his friends together and go to Top Golf and then come back to the house for a sleep over and tons of junk food.  He was happy about that.

I am ready for Easter, too.  I have all the food--just need to cook it.  And I even have an Easter basket for Aidan with his favorite hockey and chocolate treats.  AND we are ready to Live Stream Church services.  Amen!!

That's it for now.

Stay safe.  Stay healthy!

No comments: