Aidan at Beach

Aidan at Beach

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Daily Deployment

I'm sure everyone has a morning routine and also carries much to and from whereever you go each day. Let me tell you about our mornings. . .

I get up early (I won't mention the time) and get lunches ready for me and Pat. Then, I head downstairs and usually put a load of laundry in, feed the cat and then run my 3 and (now) 1/3 mile. When I finish running, I put the laundry in the drier and then head upstairs again, usually with a dry load from the night before. I then start my coffee, get my ice water (I must drink my jug a day!) and do some prep work for Aidan's breakfast--either eggs or oatmeal, plus get his milk and water ready. Then I head to the family room to drink my first cup of coffee, while I "cool down" and fold the laundry I just brought up. Then, after about 1/2 hour, I head upstairs, with a second cup of coffee and the folded laundry and hit the shower. 45 minutes later, I make sure Pat is up, make the bed, put the laundry away and then head to Aidan's room, where I spend about 10 minutes waking him up and coaxing him out of bed. After out of bed, I dress him, watch and smile while Daddy gets him riled up and says good bye, say goodbye to daddy myself, and then take Aidan into the bathroom to comb his hair and brush his teeth. After we settle on the toothbrush we will use for the day (he has an insane choice of 3!) and get his teeth scrubbed, we head downstairs and finish fixing his breakfast. Then, I spend about 15 to 20 minutes coaxing Aidan to finish his breakfast. Meanwhile, I gather the assorted bags needed for the day:

I assure you it is all essential stuff--my bag of book and budget info, my purse, my peet, Aidan's backpack, Aidan's peet, our coats, my lunch. . .

Then, when Aidan is finished eating, I clean up his dishes and then take him over to the counter to be cleaned up:

Isn't he cute here? He's dressed like Daddy!

Anyway, then we get our coats on, and mommy loads up with purse, bag, backpack, lunch, mommy's peet, and Aidan's peet. Then, after getting the dogs to stay in the kitchen, we head through the mud room to the garage and out the door, about which time Aidan either wants me to also carry his truck or hold his hand. Then, we get out to the car and load all the stuff in the front seat and then I wrestle Aidan into his carseat. I can then hand him back his truck. It is always about this time that Aidan says, "uh oh mama! Choos!" I then look down and realize I am still wearing my slippers. . .

After getting to work at 8:00, I've been on the go for nearly 4 hours and am totally exhausted! But, I smile and fix my oatmeal and think how great it all is!


Tiger & Kar said...

WOW! I'm tired just reading this! Very impressive!

I'm not sure where in NOVA you are, but we should try to get together sometime. We have Quantico as our neighbor. Drop me an email if you'd like so we can try to plan something pre or post holidays.

Aidan is adorable sitting on the counter!

Teresa said...

Hi! I feel like I am a lazy bones after reading this! I mean, I do stuff in the morning, with just the dog, but wow! I can't wait for my mornings to be that busy!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Joy said...

I ave to say I do fine morning routines interesting. I have to say I am not quite sure how my routine will change but I just know it will change.

Lori said...