Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get out the Vote

Just a friendly reminder that is your right and your responsibility to get out there and vote.

The polls opened in Virginia at 6:00 am. We, all three of us, left our house at 7:00 and I got back into my car at 7:30--not bad, having cast my ballot for President, a Senator and a Congressman. We also got to vote on whether or not we wanted to increase our food tax (really???) plus they were asking for more money for the schools. . .again. . .There was only one electronic machine, and the line for that was long with it taking each person about 4 minutes. So, we did the old fashioned fill in the blank ballot and then Aidan got to put the ballot in the ballot counting machine. Pretty cool!

Coming soon to this blog near you: More Template changes (as I figure it all out), Halloween pictures (finally) and other interesting pictures. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Joy said...

I have been thinking about a blog make over myself to spice things up. Wow am I dangerous.
Joy

Kevin T. said...

Happy Election Day!! I just got back from voting and I am excited to see the outcome!!

Lori said...

Love the new layout and I feel like a celebrity with my photo on the side bar!