Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembering our Veterans


This is the tomb of the unknown soldier in Moscow. . .somewhere I have one of the US tomb, but I can't find it! We took it last June when my dad was here visiting to meet Aidan. . .Both of these tombs represent the same thing, though: men who fought and paid the ultimate price for their countries and their ideals.

Today we remember our Veterans. . .actually, today commemorates the signing of the armistice--thus Armistice Day--at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to end World War I. That was the Big One.

But, I think it is an excellent day to remember alllllll of our Veterans: for their sacrifices and determination to help preserve our freedom. And, therefore, I say "Thank You" to my dear father-in-law Van Harrison, veteran of World War II--the second Big One. His love for his family and for his country are examples I hope to always be able to hold up to my son. I am so proud to be able to call him my father-in-law--Dad!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Thank your Father in Law for me.
Joy

Lori said...

THANK YOU FOR THE LESSON! YOU ARE LIKE A WALKING, TALKING HISTORY BOOK...CAN'T WAIT TO DO D.C. WITH YOU!