Aidan at Beach

Aidan at Beach

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Taking the Good with the Bad

Tuesday night, Wednesday morning, I got Aidan up at 2:00 am to do his breathing treatment. I told him what I was doing and he hugged me and said, "My Mama." very quietly. His eyes fluttered and back to sleep he went and slept through the entire treatment and even when I put him back in bed! Except for the fact that he is sick, I love times like that.

In the morning, he seemed to be doing really good and off to day care we went--our daycare is full of kids with RSV right now so it's okay for him to go there. I received a call from my sitter about 10:30 saying she was worried, though, because she had given Aidan a treatment and he was now wheezing and coughing a lot. I explained that is how he is responding to the treatments and that the doctor had told me that it would take a week or so for that to subside. It's because his lungs are opening up and that stuff is now moving out. She was worried enough that I did call the pediatrician who said to bring him in. I called the sitter back to say I was on my way to come get him and she said she would take him! How awesome is that??? I felt a little nervous about not being there, but I trust her and that was a huge help since I have NO time left to take! More good.

About an hour and a half later she called back to tell me Aidan's oxygen levels were in the good range and still where they had been when we left the doctor on Monday so he is responding well to the treatment. We can now change our schedule for the treatments to every 4 to 6 hours. . .Yippee!! And more good.

And, as a bonus, his sinus infection has cleared up and we can now stop the Augmentin. . .Yippee!!! And even more good!

But. . . .and here's the bad. . .he has an ear infection. . .deflated. . .and so now we're on Omnicef for the ear infection. . .But, hey, look at all that good that came first!!!! I'm just not going to think about that pediatrician bill right now. . .

When we got home, Pat and Aidan went into the living room and played with the train set that Aunt B had given Aidan. It's so cute! I laughed while I cooked and listened to them yell and laugh about the train wrecks. And, of course, the dogs had to be in the act. . .rough housing and everything!

Fun living at the Harrison's!


Teresa said...

Ah, poor little guy! I hope he is feeling a lot better soon. There is lots of stuff going around here at my job. Sounds like he is having fun with the train set!

Lori said...

I'm glad to hear you are all on the mend...Hope it clears up by Christmas!!! Prayers!

Joy said...

I am so glad to hear that his lungs are getting better. That stinks about the ear infection but I am glad that you caught it before Christmas.