Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Prayers

There is so much going on in the world today. Sometimes it is overwhelming. People just seem hunkered down and waiting for the bad to be over. Sometimes, and especially now, I think about how fortunate I am and then I realize that I am not just fortunate, but actually blessed. Blessed from God. Sometimes, I wish I had more; could do more; could be more. There are so many things I pray for:

I pray my husband is happy in his life/job/family;

I pray my son remains healthy and well;that his cough will go away again;

I pray our neighbors children will get better from the flu;

I pray that my heart will continue to grow with the warmth of love a mother feels for her child;

I pray our story might touch one person, just one!, so that that person would feel the call to adopt a child from an orphanage--any orphanage, the need is so great.

Thank you, God, for always answering my prayers. . .thank you for not always giving me the answers I want. . .thank you for blessing me.

I listen to my son making funny comments while watching a movie and I smile. . .and that smile warms my heart for days. And then I smile more, before the warmth of the last smile has diminished, and so on and so on and so on. . .I will never be cold again, just from thinking about that smile.

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

Wonderful prayers - may they all be answered and it looks like some already have!