Saturday, October 3, 2009

Opening Day

It's Hunting Season again. Today is Opening Day for Bows. Daddy left last night to help finish setting up the Hunting Camp. He took eggs, cheese, chili, a Jimmy Dean Skillet, beer, and an assortment of other snacks and goodies. And, you ask, this is about hunting??? Absolutely. He tells me he is after the big bear. . .oh man! I don't really like bear meat. I'd much rather he stayed with the deer. We all like the venison and we use it a lot throughout the winter.

Aidan wasn't too happy that Daddy was leaving him at home. So, Mama let him skip bath, pick his own dinner and pick out a movie. All seemed pretty happy with that outcome:



Mosby even seemed to enjoy being around Aidan for a change. Usually it's Maggie who hangs all over him!

Thankfully, today all we have on our schedule is swimming lessons. I am hoping Aidan will sleep late--so far, so good!--and then take a good nap today. He's been over tired lately and the sleep will be good for him.

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

So - you are a hunting widow like me?? I hope you all can come the 18th - I know Pat and Troy would get along great! Won't it be nice when the boys are big enough to go with their daddys? Think of all the free time we'll have then!!

I don't like bear meat either, but we do eat deer. I'm not overly fond of it, but roasts are okay and the tenderloin is good - we smoke those alot with garlic and onions in the center. Yum! We'll have to trade some recipes!