Sigh. . . . . . . . . . . .
While home yesterday, I listened as Aidan began to cough. It started out slow and then began to grow. By night time, it was nearly nonstop. When I put him to bed, I decided to do a nebulizer treatment, and a good thing, too! The poor child was wheezing so terribly by that time!
So, I decided to keep him home one more day and took him to the pediatrician this morning. Diagnosis: VERY BAD COLD (would be RSV if he was younger) with major drainage into his lungs. Here we go again!
And so, we are to do the nebulizer evey 4 hours for 2 days, then try to wean to every 6 hours, then 8 hours, and so on. . .and we got a presciption for Augmentin to fill if he isn't better by Saturday or Sunday. Fortunately, the school will do the Neb tratments for us tomorrow so I can go back to work.
Cue Pat--When I called Daddy to tell him, he strongly suggested getting the Augmentin filled today. Reason, our impending bad weather. It seems the snow storm coming will now start tomorrow morning (forget the dinner out with friends!) and will not end until very late Saturday night. We are now expecting 16 to 36 inches!! Yikes. . .
I filled the Augmentin.