Friday, May 21, 2010

I Love Her, but. . .

I love my older sister. But, sometimes I just don't understand her.

Gini is 6 1/2 years older than me. She and I are technically both a part of the Boomer generation, although I was born at the end and don't really fit the true profile of a Boomer. She was really all about the 60's and 70's--the clothes, the music, the counter culture movement. I am really a product of the 80's and probably a bit of the 90's, too--conservative (with some liberal leanings as I get older), straight ahead black and white mover, logical, practical. . .etc. . .We are, essentially, part of different generations.

Gini is one of three godmothers and Aunties to Aidan and had always been wonderful to and about him. She, afterall, flew all the way from California to come for his Baptism--a weekend visit! This is amazing because, other than one dinner time visit with her a couple of years before that, she had not been to Virginia since I got married in 1986! It was huge.

But, for some reason, she buys Aidan clothes that are about 3 years in the future for him. He is still wearing some board shorts he got for his 2nd birthday. . .this year, she sent two bathing suits and two surf shirts. They are really awesome looking:



Let me preface this next part by saying, Aidan is now comfortably wearing size 3 shorts. His jeans are size 4T only because we need the length--the inside tab and button are on the 4th or 5th hole! He could technically still wear 2T shorts, but they are all a bit ragged looking and I just keep doing the 3T's. . .

Aidan will look good in these new bathing suites from Aunty Gini. . .when he is about 7 years old! They are a size 6/7. . .

No comments: