Monday, May 31, 2010

Hot Summer Fun Begins. . .

Well, here we are at the end of our long weekend. It was fun but sooo tiring!

Pat had to work a lot, as I previously indicated. But, Aidan and I kept ourselves busy. We went to the pool yesterday and today, played outside (a little--very hot!!) and watched some movies. Daddy was able to join us today at the pool and then Aidan and I went to one of his school friends houses for a playdate.

At the present time, Aidan is watching a movie with his glassy eyes barely staying open. I am actually not too sure he'll still be awake when I go back in the other room! But, here are a few pictures from the pool this weekend. . .






One funny story from the playdate. . .Aidan's friend has a little tiny dauchsund named Lizzie. The mom apologized for the dog at which point I offered information about our two big dogs: Maggie the 83 pound Golden and Mosby the 93 pound Golden. We're not bothered by little dogs at all. . .I then offered that Maggie is almost 3--in another couple of weeks; and Mosby is 4 1/2. The mom said, so you got the two AFTER you had Aidan??? Not thinking, because we just don't really dwell on where Aidan came from anymore, I said, well no. The dogs came first. Realizing what I said about the same time I saw the confused look on the mom's face, I then told the story of Aidan coming from Russia. . .that was actually a first! A mom who didn't know and I probably could have not told except because of my slip up about the dogs! Hmmmmmm. . . .

Well, Aidan is asleep, so I gotta go. Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend. God Bless!

2 comments:

Barb said...

ooooo . . . the pool looks so refreshing!

Sometimes when I say to someone that Sofia was adopted, I wonder why I did that . . .For example, the hairdresser who commented on the similarities of our hair . . . I could've just said, "yes, we both have thick hair" . . . hmmm

Troy and Rachel said...

I hear comments all the time about how much Troy and Daniel look alike - Anymore we smile at the strangers who say that.

Great pool pics - it does look refreshing! Daniel wears a hat in the pool alot too - so cute!