Friday, May 7, 2010

My Mom Rocks. . .

Today I left work about an hour early in order to go to Aidan's school for a Mother's Day Tea. . .my FIRST!!! It was cute. It was sweet. And they served sweet tea, too. . .yech!! But, it was so awesome!! I soooo wish I had had a camera!!

I arrived a little after the start time, but Aidan didn't seem to mind. I was served my tea and chocolate chip cookie--which was graciously shared with Aidan. . .well, I was gracious about it; Aidan not so much! I decided to give up on the snack when he dunked the cookie in the tea. . .

But, I digress. . .

After that, all of us moms sat down on the carpet in a semi-circle, outside of the children, who serendaded us with Happy Mother's Day to you! They even did a little flare at the end. . .on their knee! cute. . .

Then, the children gathered around the teacher and she had all of these cards and she started by telling us the children had made us all necklaces (out of colored macaroni and yarn!) and little cards upon which they told the teacher what to write. . .

Alex says, My Mom Rocks because she likes me. . .

Cole says, My Mom Rocks because she loves me and takes me places in the car. . .

Aidan says, My Mom Rocks because she loves me and she rocks me and she hugs me and kisses me. Love Aidan!

snif. . .snif. . .I'm still choked up!







I am soooo wearing my new necklace all weekend!!

Also, we ordered our new camera!!! Can't wait!!! We're picking it up at Best Buy this weekend. I just know I am going to be a star photographer after I get it!! : )

Happy Mother's Day, y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card!!
Thanks so much for your tips for us for our trip- What great ideas!
Happy Mother's Day and have fun with your new camera!!