Monday, November 29, 2010

Caught!!!

Aidan:  Mama, I want to give my fourwheeler away.
Mama:  Why?
Aidan:  Because I want something else.
Mama:  Like what?
Aidan:  I want a Bucket Truck like Daddy's.
Mama:  But, Aidan honey, they don't make Bucket Trucks for little people.
Aidan:  It's okay, Mama.  I'll tell Santa to have his elves make one for me.  They can do it!

sheesh!  Talk about getting caught in the whole Santa can do anything thing! And he's still new to this.  What's it going to be like in a couple of years???

So, now that we are past Thanksgiving, the Christmas machine is getting geared up.  I am trying very hard to not over do and to really just enjoy this year.  So, we decorated our tree this weekend and took pictures in front of it, of us, for our card.  However, we keep blowing fuses on the strings of lights. . .I think I put too many on there and will need to undecorate it all in order to redo the lights--fewer would probably be okay--and then redecorate.  Nothing like starting off on the wrong foot!

Here are some of our pictures.  The new big Nikon has a wonderful timer so we could set it up, get situated (sort of) and then wait for the picture.  We got one good one.  We may have to try this again. . .









But, this one is my favorite. . .




As you can see from this one, I'll need Aidan to help me redecorate so we can have that special 4 year old boy area again. . .

He wanted to put them all on  one branch!  He almost succeeded. . .

I'm going to keep trying to keep this thing simple.  The main thing I want this year, in addition to my annual wish for peace and goodwill toward all, is to have a nice quiet Christmas with my family.

In the meantime, I am wishing you all a very peaceful Advent. 


2 comments:

Joy said...

That is the feature I like best about my big camera. You guys look great. Did you see that shutterfly was giving away 50 picture christmas cards for blogging?
Joy

Doug and Shelly said...

Love the pictures! Great paper background!