Monday, November 22, 2010

Three Years, And Thanksgiving Is Still The Best!!!

Three years ago today, we met and held our son for the first time.  It was Thanksgiving Day, 2007.  The best Thanksgiving Day ever. . .aside from the beef tongue that was part of our dinner. . .Looking back, Aidan has grown so much since then!  It's hard to imagine how much. . .
He continues to amaze me with his intelligence and with his readiness to do new and different things.  As long as I am there to help him get started, that is.  I am looking forward to next year when he will have some friends in the neighborhood whom he can play with.  He has friends now, but they are a couple of years older and I usually feel like they would really rather be doing something else. . .But, still, Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday ever.  All because of a little boy who was so far away.

Aidan has started this funny thing. . .it's awesome really. . .at any given moment, he'll say, Mama?  yes. . .I love you!  I love you, too, Aidan.  Even in the middle of the night.  I love it.  He's always said I love you.  But, lately it's been all the time.  Out of the blue.  Whenever the words come into his head.  I just love it!

I did get the family room curtains done yesterday and all I have to do is hem the kitchen curtains.  I think I may need to shorten the family room ones, but that can wait.  For now, here's a little before and after on that project:




At least they look fresh and clean!  Looking again, I really do need to shorten them.  About 4 or 5 inches would probably do it.  Next week.

So, the house has been scrubbed.  We're stocked with turkey, and all the makings for a huge Thanksgiving feast.  My dad arrives today and Aidan will be at school all day today and a half day tomorrow.  Aunt B and UB arrive on Wednesday evening and the cooking will commence on Wednesday all day.  Feast time will be about 2:00 on Thursday. 

Finally, I look longingly at this fall addition I made. . .judging by the cat hair I have been removing from the seat, Cleo is the only one using this wonderful chair.  I am sooooo looking forward to curling up with a good book in it. . .someday!

1 comment:

sonflowerjax said...

Crying happy tears...your memories just brought our Oct. 5th memories flooding back! LOVE the curtains! You are SO talented! :)