Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I meant to post this sooner, but time has gotten away from me. Things have been incredibly crazy the last couple of weeks with the storms, storms again, and storms again! Since Pat works for Virginia Power, he has worked nearly round the clock since the storms got really rolling a couple of weeks ago.

So, on Sunday, Aidan and I got up early and had breakfast while Daddy slept, having had to work most of the night again. Aidan said grace with Mommy and even said Amen!


We then went to church where Aidan was exceptionally good! After church, Aidan had his nap and that is when Daddy got up. Grandpa and Grandma came over to celebrate Father's day with us and Aidan was very excited to show off the wrapping paper he and Mommy had made the night before . . .that was a lot more fun than the gifts!

Daddy was very happy because he got a new Hammock and a note saying to not work so hard and take some time off from all the projects and enjoy his son! I think he was happy about that!
So, this week we were back to work and Day care. I guess it's okay. Aidan seems to really like the Day care and he is getting on a better schedule: going to bed about 8:15 giving Mommy a little bit of free time in the evening! He is learning so many words now, it's amazing and hard to keep track of them all. Today, on the drive home, we came across a tree that was down on the road. I said, "uh oh. Tree's down!" and Aidan said, "Tree's down!" He is just copying everything he hears, using the same tone and inflection.

But, big excitement! Tonight, he asked to go on the potty. So, I put him on the potty and he went! We celebrated with a small handful of M & M's that Nana brought last month! When Aidan asked for more M & M's, I told him he could have some more when he goes on the potty again! He said, "Okay." or something kind of like it.

That's it for now!

Blessings.
Stacy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? That is incredible!!! Aidan is truly amazing!!! WOW!!! IF he starts going on the potty all the time, then Aunty Amy is going to send him Cars underpants. Very exciting! Keep us posted.

Joy said...

My sister did the M&M thing with the potty. Very successful!! Even now if he wants a treat he is looking for the M&M's. He says can I have 4 or 5. It is hard not to laugh.

I think you have the best success with potty training if you do it when they are ready; like you have done.
Good Luck
Joy

Lori said...

Ha! I use M and M's also!