Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Overwhelmed by the Flood

I have been feeling morose and overwhelmed lately. I don't really kow why. Perhaps it is because Pat's schedule has been so crazy--he's on midnights now; or maybe it's my upcoming birthday--it's not a huge one, but it does end in '5'; or maybe it's been all of the bad in the news lately--gas prices going higher, the mortgage mess continues, the Russian adoption system seems to be slowing (while this does not affect me, I feel for all those still waiting), or maybe it's because my life has changed in such an incredible way. I don't know, but I'd like to feel better about things. Whenever I have felt this way in the past, my answer was to tackle some organization project in the house. So. . . . this weekend I will begin working on the closets. Mine first! Maybe that response is indicative of my feeling a loss of control in my life!


Aidan continues to amaze me. He has learned so many words I can no longer list them all. He watches every move I make, too. He has seen me cross myself, in church and out, so many times that this past Sunday I saw him do a circular motion in front of his face with his little hand. It was so cute. That was followed, during the Eucharistic Prayer by him clasping his hands and saying a loud "AMEN!" with the rest of the congregation. I had to make myself not laugh outloud. But, I gotta tell you, I was sooooo proud of him! He is learning so many things we teach him at home! I just love this little guy so much. . .


Pat bought him a fish, a red Japanese Fighting Fish, and it has been named Kras. . .short for Krasneiy, which means red. We also have two hermit crabs now, unnamed. We have to make sure we feed Kras and the crabs their Num Num's each morning when we get up. It's now a part of our morning routine!


Aidan continues to cry when I drop him off at Day Care. I then drive to work each day with a lump in my throat. I know it will get better and that we are only at the two week mark of returning to work, but I DON'T LIKE IT!!! Oh well. It can't be helped. We have to pay our bills. . . .


Anyway, I'll try to be a little more upbeat next time.


Peace and blessings,

Stacy

No comments: