Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stay or Leave. . .

In the words of our favorite Virginia son, Dave Matthews. . .Stay or Leave!

Okay, so here's a little rant for you. . .About every three weeks or so, I do a very selfish thing and go and get a pedicure. It feels good and it doesn't cost a lot and because I run it really makes my feet feel soooo much better.

Last night, I was enjoying the soaking portion of my pedicure when these two ladies next to me started talking about Virginia. They had come here from "somewhere else." They were talking about how they had come here about five years ago and that the cost of living here was too high and that there were too many people and that their alergies were now horrendous, and the people here are rude and so on and so on and so on!

Now, I confessed already I wasn't born here, but I have lived here for thirty years. . .since I was a kid. And, I plan to raise my son here. I have to tell you, I was slightly burning inside. I kep quiet though. I was thinking to myself, "well, those things weren't true until you all came here!" A few minutes later my lady came to begin the process of messaging my feet and making my toes look pretty again. She asked me, as she always does, where I live. . .Leesburg. . .how long have I been in Virginia. . .thirty years. . .she looked at me, slid a look at the ladies next to me and didn't ask me any more.

Please, people. Stay or leave. But, if you stay, be nice! Virginia is for lovers! Haven't you heard???

No comments: