Aidan at Beach

Aidan at Beach

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thunderstorms, tornadoes and timeouts!!! Oh My!!!

Aidan with Grandpa Dave
So, my dad was here all this past week. He left on Friday. We had planned on doing quite a few things but thrown off because of some wicked thunderstorms that hit on Wednesday afternoon. I had just gotten Aidan up a little early from his nap when I decided to look out the front window and check out the sky, the color of which I wasn't too keen on. I had just gotten to the front of the house when the storm hit with full force. . .it was like a wall of water slammed into the house! Aidan was with me and he started crying immediately. I picked him up, turned to my dad and said we needed to go to the basement. He was already up and on his way, having already come to that conclusion! We barely got downstairs when the power went out. The power stayed out until Thursday around noon. It came back on just in time to kick the air conditioner back on when we were just starting to need it, too! During the storm, which lasted a good 40 minutes or so, Aidan curled up in a ball on my lap and only seemed happy if my arms were around him. He didn't cry or whimper, but I know he was scared, the poor little guy! Pretty much, since then, Pat has been working double shifts (Serviceman for Virginia Power). Sigh. But, we are still heading off to Virginia Beach tomorrow morning for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to a last fling before heading back to work and I'm glad we're able to do it!
But, while dad was here, we were able to get over to Arlington Cemetery and into D. C. for a little sightseeing. Here are some pictures of our fun!

Starting our tour of Arlington Cemetery:

Krasnoyarsk stroller comes in handy again!
Changing of the Guard at

Tomb of Unknown


Dad with Aidan at


In front of Mr. Henry's on Capital Hill. This was Joe's favorite hangout. Joe was a dear family friend and is the one who inspired Aidan's middle name-Josef.

The Harrison family in front of the White House!

After the White House, we headed on home.

Because Pat worked so much this week, he hasn't had much time with Aidan. In fact, pretty much no time at all! So, mommy is tired. . .and Aidan has had a few timeouts more than he probably would normally get. Partly it is Aidan testing to see how far he can go, and partly it is because Aidan is two ( a number he can say and can almost show with his fingers!!), and partly it is because he hasn't had daddy time in about a week! But, today we should be getting back to normal again.

I head back to work on Wednesday. I'm not looking forward to it! Not that I don't want to work, but I'm going to miss being with Aidan all day. . .but I know it will be for the best. He needs to be around other children. . .not just mommy!!! : (

Beach pictures in a couple of days!!




Joy said...

I think that might have been the same storm that blew through here as well. It was a good thing your Dad was there with you and Aidan.

Lori said...

Ok, But seriously, Is Pat wearing my sloppy Joe's T in those pics?

Anonymous said...

I am sick of this weather!!! Here in Illinois, we are having storms everyday! Kids are out of school and out of their minds with boredom!!! Glad the visit with dad went well. You will be amazed how well Aidan will do at daycare. It is always harder on the parents:) LOVE YA!