Monday, October 27, 2008

Rough Weekend behind. . .Good Week Ahead

Pat and I have been home since Friday with Aidan. He had that surgery. Not very fun for an active two year old little boy! Or for Mom and Dad.

Friday, after the surgery, he seemed to be doing so well! However, he was still under he affects of the local and of the anethesia. Still, nothing seemed more than we could handle. He had a 4 1/2 hour nap that afternoon and then slept 11 1/2 hours that night. Great! Until we got up and had to change his diaper. . .He cried, cringed, and pulled his knees up and told me not to touch it! I started crying and Pat had to help me get Aidan calmed down enough to put the new diaper on. Man, that was bad.

But, he got so much better throughout the day that I thought we were going to get off easy and had already seen the worst of it. Not so much. The same scene played out Sunday morning and for more than the just the first diaper, too!

But, again, he was so much better by that evening, I was questioning whether or not he had really been so bad in the morning. We had our first bath, post surgery on Sunday evening and the bandages literally fell off. We put the diaper back on and seemed good. Then we got up this morning and he literally began to cry before the diaper was all the way off. He was so raw! Pat and I looked at eachother and confessed we were worried we had made a mistake. Of course, everyone has been wonderful, telling us we hadn't. . .and that a few years from now, when it will really make a difference in Aidan's life . . .we'll all be glad of this. Okay. If you say so! : )

I spoke with the doctors office, the surgical center and referred to notes from my dear blogger nurse friend Joy and all seems to be progressing as normal. Aidan is healing. We just need to be patient and not expect it to be overnight! We're doing vaseline in the diaper with neosporin on top of that (we don't touch him directly this way and he is happier) and it really does look better tonight than this morning. And Aidan even says "Better. . .it better, Mama!" My poor baby, Aidan!

But, Friday is Halloween! The costume is ready, tomorrow night ABC has "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" on and then we'll carve the pumpkins on Wednesday. . .It will be fun for us all!

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Joy said...

There are certain movies that I just love. This year I was thinking about having a movie party with some of my work friends to watch 'Its a Wonderful Life'

Joy