Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tagged. . .times three!!!

Okay, so I've been tagged again. This is the third time: the first time I didn't respond (sorry Joy), the second time I was somewhat negative; and now I promise to be more positive!

Okay, so this is to let you know six little known things about me. So, here goes!! Are you ready???

1. I am a clean freak. Perhaps the people who know me in person know this, but my blogger friends don't (I say a little defensively!) I am a clean freak. I need to have a clean house. All the time. It drives me crazy if things get messy. I hate walking in to a house and things are strewn about! So, the toys are in the basement, where I don't see them when I walk in and I strive to keep the kitchen (the room I walk in to) clean and clear of clutter so that I come home to a clean house. I am sick, I know! It's really an OCD situation. I won't tell you about how it used to be when I vacuumed because someone would be giving me advice about a psycholigist. . . : )

2. I am obsessed about my weight. Yes, that's right, I am. I weigh myself twice a day. I grew up a little chunky with a mother who isn't even 5 feet tall and barely weighs 100 pounds. So, you can imagine the pressure. I get upset about 1 or 2 pounds of weight gain and lately am up a little more than 5 since we came home from Russia. I know it's because I am eating really good (I want to set a good example for Aidan and don't want him to have an eating complex!) so I will swallow my horror of my weight gain and go on with life. Okay, another OCD situation!

3. I can't decide how to wear my hear. Should it be short? Should it be long? I have gone through both and think I like it short best. . .and then I get it cut and think it should be long. . .and then I want it short. . .Another OCD situation? Maybe a trend. . .

4. Do you all know why we chose Russia to adopt from? Well, breaking from the emerging OCD complex discussion that I started above, here goes: we went to Russia because I loved the Russian culture. . .truly. . .I studied history (my degree in college) and fell in love with Russian history. Kind of interesting for someone who grew up in the Cold War, right? Well, I always wanted to see everything there and when we decided to adopt, I immediately said let's go to Russia. Pat didn't disagree and we got Aidan, so it must have been also God's plan, right?

5. I run. I run a minimum of 3 miles a day Monday through Friday and was up to 4 miles a day until we went to Russia. While in Russia, I ran once. . .for 2 miles. . .that was it. It has taken me this entire time since we have been back to get back to 3 1/4 miles on a consistant basis. But, I am doing it again. And I am glad. My pants will be happy not being so filled out, too.

6. I have changed my mind about what I want to be when I grow up about 6 times over the last 10 years. I wish someone would tell me what to be, but I think I have to figure it out for myself, or something! If I could be a professional Mom/Student/Redskin fan, I would. But, I don't think the pay would be enough for our budget. . . : ) In all seriousness, I would love to be a teacher. . .probably a Social Studies teacher for Middle School. However, that means more schooling and I don't think Pat could handle supporting us solely again for the next year and a half to make it possible. So, I will continue in the Insurance Industry. It's all good!

It's outside the six, and something that you all probably know already, but I'll say it anyway: Pat and Aidan and the best things in my life and the best things that have ever happened to me. I don't know what I would do without them and don't even want to think about it! Thanks be to God for both of them! Happy Anniversary, guys. We've been a family six months!

Love, Mama

Tagging:

1. Lori
2. Gini
3. Amy
4. Nancy
5. Dana
6. Allison

2 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Hi Stacy, I wish I could be half as disciplined as you are about exercise! I do go walking a lot with Shea, our dog, but I think I want to start jogging a little.
I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, either! All I ever knew is that I want to be a mommy!

Lori said...

ACK! Stop tagging me!