Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crazy Summer, Heading Into a Calmer Fall



What a crazy summer!!! Out of the past 8 weeks, Pat has only been with Aidan and I 2 weeks: the week at the beach plus one other. The rest of the time he has either been working weird shifts or working in Kitty Hawk. I'll be glad when that is over--this week!! All told, it will be 9 weeks of time since the craziness began. Aidan and I are looking forward to it being over, even if it does mean that the end of summer is nearly here!

We've been holding up pretty good, though. Aidan has been a super sweet little guy lately. He has been full of hugs and love for Mama. He asks all the time where Daddy is, but he seems to understand why he isn't here.

I've been trying to make life fun, in the meantime. Tonight we're making chocolate chip cookies for a special friend who just had surgery. While those are cooking, we're going to make wrapping paper--Aidan will color and draw pictures on some basic brown paper wrapping that we will use for birthdays and Christmas. That should keep us busy!! And, just maybe, I'll escape another night of Dora and Diego! (please, God.)

I've enrolled Aidan for the next year of Preschool. He starts the 3 year old class on September 8th. Can't wait! I've also signed him up for swimming lessons at the Rec Center, which starts September 13th. Sign up for ice skating lessons should be this week or next. Aidan is looking forward to his new fall schedule.

I've signed up for a knitting class at the Rec Center. I've always wanted to learn and this seems to be a great chance.

Meanwhile, I called a neighbor girl last night and scheduled several nights for her to babysit--a couple of times for the knitting class, and for a date night for me and Pat before school starts. This will be really great.

And, so, like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Oh man I always have wanted to learn to knit. For some reason I just can not get the hang of it. Gerard and I are planning a night out for Thursday.

Joy