Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Snore King

My husband snores. Loudly. He can't help it. He has a deviated septim. It is always worse if he is over tired, has a cold, or has had a little too much to drink. I've gotten used to it in the 23 years we've been married. I have a nightly plan of action to get to sleep. It's a simple one: I MUST get to sleep before he does. It sometimes happens.

Most of the time, if I get to sleep first, no problem. Unless I wake up in the middle of the night for some reason. Then I almost always have to endure the snoring until I can manage to get him to roll over onto his side.

The other night, I was sleeping soundly and good (we've all had colds, but mine was starting to pass--finally!). I was awakened by a loud rumbling noise. It was coming from right next to me. Sighing, I rolled over to tell Pat to roll onto his side and discovered my son!

Apparantly, Aidan had gotten into bed with us at some point during the night. I was so tired I didn't even notice. Until his snoring reached a certain crescendo level, that is! Poor little guy! That can't be restful for him either!

After getting Pat to take Aidan back to his own bed, I stared at the monitor, which we still use most of the time, and thought to myself I really needed to turn it off, or at least down. The snoring was so loud!

I'm sure it is because of his cold, but I guess that will be something I talk to the pediatrician about next time I take Aidan in for a check up.

I think Pat has been dethroned as the Snore King. . .Long Live King Aidan, Snore King Extroidinaire!

And here is my cute little Snore King helping Daddy put on the finishing touches on my shelves in the office:


1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

Two snorers -oh no!! Daniel has snuck into bed with us before and I had no idea! They are tricky like that!

Looks like you have a great helper!