Thursday, March 4, 2010

Butterflies in my Stomach. . .

We're ready for our next Post Placement visit. It is scheduled for Monday, March 8th. I can't believe it will be our Two Year Visit! I have our pictures (how do you pick a full years worth representing everything that happened and not have a lot?!?!); the maid is coming tomorrow to clean the house; we have the day off; and I have comfortable but nice clothes picked out to wear. . .

I always get nervous before these. I love our Social Worker and really really miss talking to her on a regular basis--although, truth be known, the discussions she and I were having about two years ago were a bit stressful on my side (I was preparing Pat and I for our month long trip to Russia to get our son!). But, she was, and still is, awesome. So, why do I get nervous?

Well, there are so many questions that are asked during these visits, about 98% of them dictated by the Ministry of Education in Russia:

What is he doing during the day? How is he adapting to his surroundings? Is he growing? What does he eat? What activities is he doing? Is the family keeping Russia a part of his life?

Well, if you've kept up with this blog, you know he is active, engaged, fun-loving, and pretty much being a normal kid (for here in America). You also know that I have lots of books, pictures, maps, icons about Russia around. And if you know me personally, you know I talk about Russia a lot. Probably a little more than normal. I can't help it: I'm fascinated with that country and my son is from there!

I'm not sure about eating--he is going through a stage right now where he is not eating much. He actually lost a pound last time I took him to the Pediatrician so now only weighs 39, but the Pediatrician isn't worried (no booster yet. gotta keep the car seat a bit longer). But, here is evidence he is growing:



Yep, he has grown a touch less than 9 inches in the last two years and is now 3 feet 5 1/2 inches tall! He's going to be a very tall handsome man when he grows up. . .and he has gone from a size 5 shoe two years ago to an 11 now. . .I remember wearing an 11 in Kindergarten!!

So, I think we're ready. Now to calm the butterflies. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all will be good! I have faith in that! You are raising a wonderful little Russian/American boy! He will ALWAYS know where he came from.

Troy and Rachel said...

You'll be fine!! I love seeing our social worker - she's a great resource and easy to talk too! I'm with you on the photos - how do you pick out 7-8 photos to represent the whole year???!!! There's too many good ones!

Barb said...

Just relax . . . sounds like you have a good relationship with your SW! Boy, has your little man grown alot! Has he complained much about growing pains? Are you going to post the pictures you pick out so the rest of us can see?