Saturday, September 25, 2010

Four Year Old Fund Raisers

Yesterday was Aidan's Second Annual Fund Raiser for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  He did exceptionally well by raising $390.00.  They had bike safety all week and then had a bike/trike-a-thon at the school at the end of the day yesterday.  During the week, they learned about when and where they should ride their bikes and about wearing a helmet.  At the beginning of the bike-a-thon, they had to answer three Bike Safety questions before they could start.  It was so cute!

I left work an hour early and went to the class to help Aidan with getting started.  Because I was a little early, I was able to see the kids doing some "dancing."




When it was time, we got our helmets on and headed outside to the bikes:





The kids were so cute and most have really really improved over last year--especially Aidan!!  : )  It was sooo hot, though.  September 24th and we were having temperatures in the mid- to upper- 90's.  Crazy.  It should be soo much cooler by now. . .But, we have to be thankful that this bike-a-thon wasn't like last years!  Aidan was just recovering from a terrible sinus infection and double ear infections and it was in the low 20's with major wind blowing from the northwest. . .It was December and the start of an incredibly cold winter. . .

But, let's not think about that right now.  Let's focus on the good the children did yesterday and the nice cool fall weather that I just know is almost here!

I'll finish by saying I'm very proud of my son with his bike riding skills and I hope that the fund raising is something he will learn from over the years--he has much to give.

1 comment:

Joy said...

How cool is that program. I think it is wonderful that they are not only teaching the children the basics but are teaching them to have an open giving heart. I know that jus reinforces what you and Pat are teaching him.
Joy