Aidan at Beach

Aidan at Beach

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Four Year Old Fund Raisers

Yesterday was Aidan's Second Annual Fund Raiser for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  He did exceptionally well by raising $390.00.  They had bike safety all week and then had a bike/trike-a-thon at the school at the end of the day yesterday.  During the week, they learned about when and where they should ride their bikes and about wearing a helmet.  At the beginning of the bike-a-thon, they had to answer three Bike Safety questions before they could start.  It was so cute!

I left work an hour early and went to the class to help Aidan with getting started.  Because I was a little early, I was able to see the kids doing some "dancing."




When it was time, we got our helmets on and headed outside to the bikes:





The kids were so cute and most have really really improved over last year--especially Aidan!!  : )  It was sooo hot, though.  September 24th and we were having temperatures in the mid- to upper- 90's.  Crazy.  It should be soo much cooler by now. . .But, we have to be thankful that this bike-a-thon wasn't like last years!  Aidan was just recovering from a terrible sinus infection and double ear infections and it was in the low 20's with major wind blowing from the northwest. . .It was December and the start of an incredibly cold winter. . .

But, let's not think about that right now.  Let's focus on the good the children did yesterday and the nice cool fall weather that I just know is almost here!

I'll finish by saying I'm very proud of my son with his bike riding skills and I hope that the fund raising is something he will learn from over the years--he has much to give.

1 comment:

Joy said...

How cool is that program. I think it is wonderful that they are not only teaching the children the basics but are teaching them to have an open giving heart. I know that jus reinforces what you and Pat are teaching him.
Joy