Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fluffiness or Keeping it Real

I read a lot of blogs.  Some I really enjoy a lot, some I enjoy some times and some I check in every so often to see if the tenor of the writing has changed at all.  One of the things I see often. . .sometimes too often. . .is something called "Keeping it real." 

I'm all about being real.  I don't like to sugar coat things.  But, when it comes to my son, the real that I focus on is his progress in this world.  Progress means moving forward.  Regress is moving backward.  I like the progress he makes.  In fact, I love the progress he makes.  Sometimes the process of getting to that progress is a bit messy, but it is still progress. 

My son is no saint.  Nor am I.  In fact, although I have met some really wonderful people in this world, I don't think I have ever met a saint!  That being said, we do have our moments, on a daily basis, when I wonder if we will make progress this day.  But I have to say, that at the end of the day, when I review the whole day in it's entirety, progress has happened.  And that is good.  And I celebrate it!  Without getting mired in the muck of the bad temper/angry words/bad behavior.

When I write on this blog, I want a record of Aidan's progress.  I don't want to get mired in the negativity.  There is entirely too much in this world as it is.  Isn't there enough of that on television without having it seep into our everyday lives???  That negativity is a bad habit that must be broken.  Focus on the positive, the progress and see how it changes your life.  Patience, kindness and understanding increase. . .toward everyone.

Just my thoughts on that subject. . .now back to my fluffiness!

No comments: