Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vacation Plans and Aidanisms

These have been some kind of busy times.  We haven't had an evening of quiet for a couple of weeks.  But, tonight, I think, we might be able to sit down for about an hour after dinner and actually do absolutely nothing!  Woo Hoo!!!  But we have been having fun. . .

And, in three weeks we will be on vacation!  First we will fly out to Las Vegas to visit my mom for a couple of days.  It will be hot--why do I always pick July and August to go to Vegas or Florida???  Is there any real wonder why I am not overly fond of those two places???--and we'll stay at her house for a couple of days.  I'm hoping to take Aidan to Hoover Dam and Red Rocks at the National Joshua Tree Forest.  If we go into Vegas itself, it will be to see the fountains at the Bellagio. Of course I'll probably have to blindfold him on the way there and then back out again.  Totally inappropriate place for young children!  While there, we'll see my Grandfather, who is 95 now, and hopefully one of my uncles.

Then we'll be driving down to Southern California where we will go to Disneyland for a couple of days and hang out in Newport Beach (the town I was born in) and Balboa.  I'd love to take Aidan on the Balboa Harbor Island Cruise where we can see som Sea Lions and the Lagoon from Gilligan's Island!  A chocolate covered frozen banana from the Fun Zone is a must, too.  We're hoping to see some of my cousins, a great aunt and some friends who live out there as well.  One thing I also want to do is to take Aidan to dinner at the North Woods Inn.  It's a great restaurant that I grew up going to.  Love it!

Then after about 5 or so days in Southern California, we'll drive back up to my moms house for another couple of days with her.  Then back home again where we will begin the mad dash to get ready for school!  There will only be three weeks of summer vacation left when we get home, but it will be fun times getting ready for Kindergarten!

To add to our fun, we're planning to take Flat Slapshot with us to take some pictures of him at different locations on our vacation.  Just a little fun that the CapsKids are doing. . .similar to the Flat Stanley concept.
Next year, we are already thinking we will stay on the East Coast and go back to a North Carolina beach.  We'll miss that this year, but we're going to have some fun at Disney!

Meanwhile, here are some recent Aidanisms. . .

-Mama, I don't want you to get old.  Well, honey, we all get older.  It's part of nature.  Yes, but you might shrink!!  (LOL!!!  This from my 3'10" child who will pass by his 5' 1" mama in about a year!)

-Capitals Rock!!!  The other team drools!!!  (hmmm. .  .he learned this at Mini Mites. . .)

-Mama, can we have breakfast at Rery Rogers like Daddy??  (Roy Rogers. . .we see Pat there frequently on our way to Daycare.)

-I don't want to be a big boy tonight!!!--said with tears in his eyes as I'm putting him to bed. . .sigh. . .yes, he slept with us after that one. . .


-Upon opening his eyes yesterday morning: I HAVE MINI MITES TONIGHT!!!
And now, I leave you with a little clip from the Mini Mites scrapping it up on the ice:

I think he's doing pretty darn good considering he is only five and half of the other boys are already seven!  He's holding his own and improves each week.  The main thing is that he is having all kinds of fun.  That is what it's all about. . .fun with kids his age doing something he really enjoys.  I think he might be old enough this fall and winter to actually take him to a Caps game.  Fun stuff!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Okay if Anna did not already sleep with me she would have after that comment.

He is so amazing! GO CAPS!! Yes I am still practicing. Now I just have to find a game to watch...LOL.

You are going to have a great time on vacation. I bet you do miss North Carolina this year. I am missing our May vacation to Fort Myers too.

Joy

all purpose first aid kit said...

The main thing is that he is having all kinds of fun. Fun with kids his age doing something he really enjoying each and every moments very well.