Sunday, July 3, 2011

Crazy Busy--Happy Independence Day, early, y'all!!!

Really quick (sort of):

We have been super busy this past week.  We went to see Cars2 a week ago--great adult movie.  Not really what I would call a good G rated kid movie.  Maybe a PG13. . .the movie opened with bad cars catching a good car, torturing it and then killing it.  Not exactly what a 5 year old boy should see!  But, it was still an entertaining and fun movie.

Then we went out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa to celebrate my birthday, which was actually Monday.  Yes, I'm a year older. . .let's not do numbers anymore, shall we???

Tuesday, we had dinner with friends after I had a pedicure--love that!!!  My feet are always happy for a time after a peduicure. . .

Wednesday was Mini Mites, more fun for Aidan!!  He is really loving this.  I'm already wondering if he will be content in lessons this fall.  Hopefully, there will be a Mini Mites program for the childrenb of his age group in the evening or on the weekend. 

Thursday we actually stayed home. . .Thanks be to God!!!  But we started having problems with our computer and with our TV's. . .a Verizon problem. . .

Friday we had dinner, again, with Grandma and Grandpa.!!!  Whew!!! 

Still with me??  Or did anyone drop off due to exhuastion from reading this??  I know I'm tired again thinking about it!!

Saturday we went to Costco while our housekeeper, who was supposed to come on Friday but forgot, came and cleaned for us (another Thanks be to God!!) and then we hit the pool for a few welcome hours of R and R.  Then we went to friends for a cook out!  Fun stuff!!

Today has been realtively quiet:  I went to church and had Altar Guild duty and the boys slept in.  Pat also called Verizon and dicovered our router had gone bad, arranged a temporary fix so we could use the computer and watch TV and our new router will come on Tuesday.  Then, after lunch, we all headed back to the pool for a nice relaxing afternoon.

Pat heads back to work tomorrow whle Aidan and I get to sleep in and then take in the Fourth of July parade, complete with the Fife and Drum Corps!  I'm fixing Carolina barbeque, baked beans, cole slaw, potatoe salad, deviled eggs, and Blackberry Cobbler and a few friends will come by for food, fun and fireworks.  We bought some fire works to supplement our wait time while at Costco yesterday.  I think the kids will love that along with the s'mores we'll fix too!

I have tons of pictures from this past week, one of which made it to the header.  I promise an all picture post soon!

No comments: