Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's All About Planning

I am a planner.  I am one of those people who makes lists for everything. . .even when I clean house!  I get immense satisfaction out of crossing things off my list.  I know it sounds weird, but I just can't help myself.  Because I am a planner, my calendar fills up with fun things to do and I get my Christmas shopping done early!  This year I am making one Christmas gift for each person and I started this project last night.  It's going to be great!

This weekend, we are getting together with some friends who have a daughter about six months younger than Aidan.  The kids get along really well together.  I think it is safe to say that they don't remember not knowing each other!  We're going to make homemade pizza--yes, we're even letting the kids do their own-- and will then do the Dance Wii in the basement after.  Can't wait!

Last weekend we took Aidan to the new Cobb theatre that we have in town.  Wow is it nice!  The seats are really comfy.  We went to see The Smufs.  I wasn't sure about it, since it is PG, but there was no bad language and the action was no worse than what Aidan sees on cartoons each day.  And judging by the hilarious laughter coming from the seat next to me, it was definitely a hit for him.  Pat and I were okay with it except that the song was old after about 5 minutes.  . .don't care to hear that again so Santa will be informed that he is not to buy that one for Aidan!

The other day we were talking about marriage and what it means with Aidan.  We explained that two people say vows and pledge to be together forever, loving eachother and taking care of eachother.  Yes, a bit simplified, but he is five.  Liking the idea, he said he wanted to get married.  Someday, sweetie, but Mama is going to really have to like her too!!  : )  "How about Miss Mandy?"  Oh, honey, she's already married. . .to Mr. Jonathon.  Remember?  "Oh yeah."  How about Maya?  (really really cute little girl in his class at Winwood).  "Wellll. . .is Kendall married?"  snicker. . .I love this kid!!!  Kendall is my neice--my 15 year old neice!!  Whom he has loved since the moment he met her.  In fact, he usually says, "I luuuuuuvvvvv Kendall!"  So cute!

We are now on the final countdown of how many days left in Pre-K and how many days until Kindergarten starts.  Counting today, there are six days left in Pre-K.  I am ready for him to move on to the After School Care.  I'm tired of the chaos and the not knowing from day to day what teacher will be in his class each day.  And there is one teacher in there whom I always think she should not be working with small children every time she opens her mouth.  This has been a particularly chaotic summer.  But, I'm trying to hang in there and not complain about it because our time there is really short.  In fact, next week, Aidan will really only be there all day through Wednesday.  Thursday I will pick him up for two hours in the middle of the day in order to take him to his new school to see his class room and meet his teacher.  That will be fun!  So, last night I told Aidan that he only has five more nap days left. . .: )  I think his biggest issue will be that he won't be taking Tigger with him every day anymore.  Poor Tigger could use a rest.  I think he'll be better off hanging out on Aidan's bed waiting for him to come home! 

Finally, please keep my friend Dana in your prayers.  She just had the second of three massive blast treatments of chemo therapy.  She became so weak this time that she has gone into a Rehab facility.  I'm not sure when she'll get out of there.  To make matters worse, she contracted MRSA while she was in the hospital during the first treatment.  So, her weakened system to another hit.  I just don't know how much more of this she can take.  Her husband confessed that he really thinks they are just chasing the cancer around her body and that she'll be gone in five years. . .I know she's a fighter, but I really think, in my heart, it will be much sooner.  Please say a prayer for her and her husband Rob.  Thanks.

That's it for now.  Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Barb said...

5 year olds say the cutest things!

I am a planner, too . . . but my husband hates the lists.

So sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.