Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions Smesolutions

Sometimes you just need to stop being so organized. . .if you can stand it that is! 

It's that time of year again where I am looking around at all of the things I want to do to get us more organized and to be better about so many things.  I have to say we did accomplish a lot this past year.  We are more organized in a lot of ways.  But, we still have a long way to go in others. 

One thing I really want to do this year is get better about staying disciplined about our meals even when Pat is working overtime.  I was doing really good until the earthquake/Hurricane Irene/October snow, which were quickly compounded by Hockey and Hunting!  Then everything fell apart and I have gained. . .big. . .so back to Weight Watchers I am going. . .tomorrow!!!  Wish me luck!  And strength and fortitude to stay disciplined!!!

This has been a really fun week.  Monday, Pat was off and we hung out as a family all day and even went to an early dinner together.  Tuesday was rainy so Aidan and I hung out in the basement reading: me and playing Mario Brothers: Aidan.  Wednesday was a big day.  We bought a piano from some folks who are moving to a smaller house and Wednesday was the big day when it was delivered.  Check it out!!! 


I love it: it's a 1910 Sheidmeyer Grand piano and it takes up about half of our living room, but isn't it great???

Thursday, our friends Kelly and Catherine came over and we all piled into the Tahoe and headed down to D.C. to hit a museum or two. . .it ended up being just one, but we tried!  We took the metro for part of the trip and then did the Air and Space Museum where we saw all kinds of different planes, missiles and even a movie of the last Discovery Shuttle Lift Off!




Then, today, I took Aidan down to the Kettler Iceplex and watched the Caps practice!!!  Awesome stuff!!!










I got some video too, but it won't upload. . .I'll keep trying!

We really had so much fun!  We're going to go again on Monday with Daddy!!! 

And so, as far as resolutions are concerned, I'm just going to try and keep being a better Mama/wife/person and get back to Weight Watchers!  I think that will be all I can handle for a while. . .

No comments: