Friday, May 18, 2012

Not the Mother's Day I Planned, but. . .

With all the birthday stuff last weekend, I neglected to write about Mother's Day. . .I do hope you all had a good one!

Pat was scheduled to work3-11, Pat's Mom was getting out of the hospital, and Aidan had hockey at 3:50, so our plans were loose at best.  We did make the decision to sleep in and get going for the day at a leisurely pace.  Pat slept until after 10:00, so I kept Aidan quiet and fed him his favorite, Fruit Loops and Orange Juice for breakfast.  Not super healthy, but it didn't require a lot of work and he eats a huge bowl of it without any fuss.

Pat and Aidan left about 11:00 to go and help get Pat's Mom home and I was to meet them at Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch of sandwiches or something.  I would then take Aidan to hockey and Pat would go to work.  Seemed like a good plan!!

I left the house close to noon and headed over, but forgot my phone!!  When I got to Grandma and Grandpa's, I called Pat only to discover that his Mom wasn't released yet. It was planned for her to go, just not yet.  So, I waited around for a bit.  By 1:30, we realized the plan wasn't going to work and I needed to go and get Aidan so I could feed the poor kid some lunch.

So, it ended up being a slice of cheese pizza and chocolate milk at the Ice House while watching Scooby Doo on the TV there. 

After hockey, Aidan and I had some left overs for dinner and then watched a movie.  A lot of running around, but still a quiet day, and not really all bad.  It wasn't what I had planned, but I still got to spend some nice time with my kiddo.

And, the boys gave me a nice bird feeder with food that will attract these beautiful yellow finches. 

This weekend, Pat is on the midnight shift, so Mom duty will include keeping Aidan quiet but busy.  I see trips to Costco and Target in our weekend schedule!!!  I really don't plan to do much else.  And next weekend is Memorial Day weekend--three days off!!  With the pool opening, we will be sleeping late and then lounging around the pool!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Stacy,
I hope Pat's Mother is doing better. Keeping the kidos quiet in the evening is so hard. It sounds like you do have a pretty good plan however. I know just being with Aidan on Mother's day is really all you wanted anyway.
Joy