Friday, March 22, 2013

Travel Hockey Team!!

When we left the ice house on Wednesday night, we were told it would take a couple of days before we found out the results of the try outs.  So, we were a bit surprised to get an email last night from the Director of the Hockey Program with a list of names of those chosen. . .

Aidan made the team!!! 

He is so excited.  And yes, so am I.   : )

I am a bit bewildered by how quickly this is going, though.  So, he made the team on his first try out.  Unless he shows little to no progress, I think that means it is a strong possibility he will make the team from now on.  I don't know that for sure, but it seemed that way while I was watching the other night.  The boys who had been on the team previously and not moved up due to age, were excused early on Wednesday night.  All of their names are on the list. 

This doesn't really bother me.  All of those boys are very good and, frankly, were definitely the best skaters on the ice.  I just makes me think about how difficult it is for some boys to break into this system.  Aidan has been around Ashburn Ice House since he was two, so is well known to a lot of the coaches.  And he does skate very good.  So, I guess I'll just leave it alone and be happy for him that his hard work has gotten him a spot on the team he really really really wanted to be on.  (so cute to see his freckled earnest little face say that to me!)

Anyway, our schedule is now even more hectic.  Aidan will now have his House League practice every other Monday night beginning April 1st and his Select Travel Team practice every Tuesday night beginning April 2nd.  His House League games are every Saturday afternoon and I will find out in a week about the Select Travel Team games. . .although I do know there is a Tournament in Philadelphia during Memorial Day weekend. 

I think I need to increase what I am putting into the hockey fund. . .  : /

So, we'll be in Philly at the end of May!!  I am kind of hoping we can do a little touring while there. . .I haven't been there in years!  And it would be fun to show Aidan some of the places he has learned about.

Happy Friday!!  And think Spring!  (at the risk of getting a ticket from my son. . .Stupid Groundhog!)

2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

Hooray Aidan! So amazing! I can't wait to see if we will be able to bring Landon to see one of Aidan's Philly games! I would love to get together. :)

Shelly said...

Way to go Aidan!!! You Go Big Guy!!