Aidan at Beach

Aidan at Beach

Friday, July 24, 2009

My smart little Dudely!!

When we received the referral for Aidan, we contacted an International Adoption doctor in Fairfax to review the pictures and medical records--Standard practice in International Adoptions. He didn't find anything overtly a problem, medically speaking. But, for some reason, he added that Aidan would probably have difficulties in school and that he would not go to Harvard. I hadn't even met Aidan yet, but my back went up and my internal response was "Well we really wanted him to go to UVA!! So, that won't be a problem!"

I have gotten over that. Really. : )

Fast forward to last night: Aidan was getting out of the bathtub and we heard heavy rain start. I said to Aidan, " Look, Aidan, it's pouring! Now we don't have to water the trees!" Aidan replied, with a worried look on his face, "Is is stormin' Mama?" He hates thunder and lightening, so I said, "No. It's just a Tropical deluge." And Aidan said, "Oh. Like a Rain Forest?"

My jaw dropped to the floor. Where did he learn that??? I grabbed him up in a huge hug and said yes!!!! What a smart little Dudely!!!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi IS so smart! What a comment from that doctor - That would have taken me a while to get over, too, but I realize some people don't have any manners or social skills and are completely ignorant, no matter what profession they are in! Well, I am just checking in and enjoying your pictures - It looks like you are having an awesome summer! That is great - Such cute pictures. We are back to square 1 with our adoption and just trying to figure out what to do next (long story!). Take care and I will try to check in more - I've been so bad about that lately!
Teresa

Troy and Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing what they pick up and say sometimes - Harvard, UVA - he'll be able to take his piok!

Enjoyed your beach photos and I hope Aidan is doing better with drop offs at school!