Saturday, January 9, 2010

WARNING, KID!! Two hands necessary!!

Well, Mommy really DOES need two hands!

Yesterday morning we got up to find we had gotten about an inch and a half of snow. Nothing bad, but not enough to plow. Such was the case at my office. However, when we left for the day, that snow had turned into a sheet of ice about an inch thick. Yikes!!

I couldn't get to my car without crossing this frozen tundra. . .So I ventured forth, one inch at a time. . .about 3 inches into my foray, my feet flew up over my head and SPLAT!! I went down, landing VERY hard on my left arm.

I felt pain, but it wasn't until I was half way home when I realized there was something terribly wrong with my arm.

A mere 40 minutes after I fell, we were checked into the ER and two hours after I was splinted and waiting for my pain meds prescription to be filled. . .

Diagnosis: fractured radious and ulnar bones near the wrist. . .only slight displacement so manipulation not necessary. . .(Thanks be to God!). . .cast to be applied on Monday morning. . .

But two arms are so much nicer for hugs and holding!!!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Oh My! So sorry to read about your fall. Breaking a bone falling on ice has always been a fear of mine . . . take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon!

Joy said...

YIKES!! You just made my arm hurt. I could see the whole thing in my mind. Remember ice on ice off and keep it up. Emailing from your phone will be easier.
So sorry to hear that you broke it.
Joy

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I am so sorry to hear this! That must be painful and uncomfortable as well. I hope it heals quickly!

Unknown said...

I have just recently found your blog and I wanted to ask you a question? Was your son in the Baby home #5 in Sosnovoborsk?? The reason I ask is that one of the 3 babies in the white crib in the pictures to the right look just like the baby girl that we adopted from there. Please contact me at jww@charter.net.
Thanks, Julie Word

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh no! I hope it heals quickly. Fractures are no fun! On the fun side - Aidan can be the first to sign your cast!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I am just catching up on all my blog friends and I am so sorry you broke your arm!
I hope it gets better fast!
Take care,
Teresa