Monday, January 17, 2011

All Is Well!

First off, I picked Aidan up early today and took him to the pediatrician.  He was totally fine on Saturday and then yesterday he woke up congested and coughing.  Today he seemed a little more so and his eyes were puffy.  One of the classes at his school has several children out with viral pneumonia, so off to the pediatrician we went.

But, Mama panicked. . .he has a bad cold. 

Can't help panicking a little, you know???  Once you have RSV, any cough starts to sound bad.  I received a lesson from the Pediatrician today on what is a bad cough and what is not a bad cough, ie. from cold drainage...like the one Aidan has.  Prescription is to stay inside and quiet and drink lots of fluid.  Doh!

All is well on that front! : )


Anyways. . .

When I dropped Aidan off at school this morning, I did stop to talk with his teacher.  I told her of my confusion about her comment regarding the reading and she immediately was apologetic!  She explained she should have put more into the comment to indicate that was how Aidan had been in the beginning, but that he picked up speed and enthusiasm and that by the time the book came home with him he was doing awesome.  She genuinely felt bad.  I told her I had been a bit upset, but that I understand how it can be with so many kids in the class. 

All is well on that one, too!

All in all, I am glad I talked to Aidan's teacher about my concern and I am still glad I took Aidan to the pediatrician.  I am his advocate in all things so I have to forge ahead, even if I am being a little over protective and rediculous!  : )

2 comments:

Joy said...

Stacy,
RSV is very nasty. I do not think that you have over reacted at all. I have taken care of kids who have been hospitalized because of RSV. So you get the "That a girl!" sticker from your pedicatric nurse friend.

I am so glad that you got a chance to talk to the teacher too.
Joy

Barb said...

Glad to hear you are advocating for your child! That's what parents need to do:)
Barb