Wednesday, January 26, 2011

All Kinds of Updates. . .

First of all, I have to share a funny thing Aidan said last week.  It was an icy morning and I was carefully looking to pull out of our street onto a main road into our town.  There was a line of traffic coming, who were going entirely too fast in my mind, and Aidan said, "Mama, are those cars going to the speed lemon??"  LOL!!!

I received an email with a "Save the Date" for the Easter party at the Russian Embassy.  Should we go?  I don't know.  But, I'll save the date just in case.  I probably should take Aidan again.  I imagine he might get more out of it this year. . .

Aidan brought home his second successfully completed Bob Book yesterday.  We have been reading the first one so now we'll mix this second one in.  His teacher asked about the word list that was sent home. . .a month and a half ago!  I let her know I didn't have this list and then, as I thought about it, I realized that this list is probably somewhere in Pat's truck.  He agreed!  : )  I'm sure I can get another word list and will ask about that again tomorrow.  I didn't today for a good reason. . .

We are finally getting some snow.  The storms so far this season have bypassed us and hit south and north of us, leaving us with a few flurries and cold temperatures and that's it.  But, not today.  Yesterday we started hearing that we would get about 1-3 inches. . .then we heard  2-4 inches. . .then 3-5 inches, and so on.  This morning we were hearing 6-10 inches for out here where we live!  The schools were all closed (not Aidan's, but the others) and we ended up closing early.  Good thing, too!  By the time I got to Aidan's school, the sleet and freezing rain had picked up and was beginning to turn over to snow.  By the time we got home, things had already turned white.


We'll let it come down for a while and then we'll head out and try to do a little shoveling on the driveway and pipestem.

Tonight we'll stay in and quiet--Daddy will be working late due to the weather--and have something warm for dinner.  The Caps play later which will occupy us in the basement for a while.

You all stay warm and dry now, ya hear??

No comments: