Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sur-Prizes, Wii, Snow, and Glasses!

My husband called me at work yesterday and told me there was a box in the kitchen that had been delivered. . .really??  What is it?  I don't know it's addressed to you.  Really???  I didn't order anything.

When I got home, I opened the box and inside was this:
A new coffee machine with some individual Gevalia coffee samples!  I apparantly got this thing because I have shopped at Starbucks.  That's not the first time I got something for free--years ago I got a case of Pepsi Free because I used to by Diet Coke all the time.  Then, more recently, I received a case of Stacy's Pita chips because of my name--Stacy.  But, I've never received a coffee machine like this before!  Wish now that I had played the Mega Bucks Lottery thing. . .  : )

Last night some friends came over, with pizza.  After dinner, we set the kids up with a movie and some games in the Rec Room and us adults went on into the Man Cave to play some Wii bowling.  What a great time!!  I have to laugh because they weren't the first ones to not be too excited at first about playing and then, about a half hour into the game, they say something like "We are soooo getting one of these!!"  It is fun. . .Aidan was good about not playing, but I know he would rather have been playing Wii. . .He kept coming to check on how we were doing!

This morning I woke up to a beautiful scene outside.  The snow was falling softing and gently.  The outside world looked so peaceful. . .



Then the dogs and the boys got up. . .


No more quiet! 

We finally got to Costco and Target and spent our weekly alloted few hundred dollars and are now home catching up on laundry (don't ever skip a day.  NOTworth it!) and later I'll fix some spaghetti, salad and garlic bread for dinner.  Tonight we'll hang out downstairs and watch the Caps. . .Nice and quiet family day. 

Meanwhile, I found Aidan playing on the computer. . .he remembered to put his glasses on!



Doesn't my little dudely look super smart?  Well, he is!  I didn't know they had already started, but his class began reading this week using the Bob books.  As they complete the book and learn some of the words, they have a turtle with the words in  sections of the shell that they color in.  Aidan has almost completed the first book already!!  Yeah Aidan!!!  Way to go!!!  You'll be getting into Harvard yet. . .but going to UVA!!!  ; 0

2 comments:

Joy said...

He does look so smart with those glasses on. How sweet.
Joy

Doug and Shelly said...

I love his glasses! A very estute student!!