Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kindergarten Club and Birthdays

Okay frst of all, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Seriously, it is cold.  It has been steadily getting colder all week!  Today we had a high in the mid-20's but it was 12 when I got up this morning. . .12!!!  Really, I am glad we are not getting dumped on, but a little snow with this extreme cold might be nice.  Just a little though.  After the several feet we had last year, I just want a nice quiet, simple snow day. . .

Aidan has done really well in school this week.  He has conitnued to learn to read.  He needs to be reminded, several times, to slow down and take his time, but it's coming.  Friday the kids started Kindergarten Club.  They all wear the same shirt that says Kindergarten Club on it and then they stay in one large group the whole day, just like they will next year in Kindergarten.  The idea is to help them with the transition. 

The teachers sat the kids down yesterday and made a list of the fears they have about starting Kindergarten.  One little girl said: I might get runned over!  A little boy said:  I won't know anybody there.  Aidan said:  Nothin'!  That's my fearless boy!!!  : )



Yesterday was also Pat's birthday.  After work, we loaded up the car with all of his gifts, the birthday cake, and the sign that Aidan insisted on making and went to Grandma and Grandpa's.  We had a nice dinner and then had some cake.  Aidan is a funny little guy:  He LOVES birthdays.  All birthdays.  He helped me make the cake--he wanted cupcakes, but Daddy wanted one cake, so I made one cake.  When I got it out of the oven, Aidan said, "Wow!  That's a humongus cupcake!!"  : )  Then he helped me frost it--yes I let him lick the spatula when we were done frosting the cake!  He also helped put the candles on the cake and then helped Daddy blow them out!  : )


I don't think Daddy minded!!  : )





Aidan then wanted to help open the presents and got a little upset when we said No! 



But, Nana made it better by giving Daddy and Aidan matching hats from the Harley Davidson store!




It was a long day, but fun!

Today we had another birthday party for a little girl in Aidan's class and now we're looking forward to a quiet rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

sonflowerjax said...

Awww!!!! What a fun day! Wow...I'm just so amazed everytime I look at your recent pictures of how grown up Aidan is!!

Joy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Pat!! It looks like you guys had a great time. Isn't amazing how much fun a birthday can become when you have a child ready and illing to help make a cake, lick the spoon and sing Happy Birthday all day long.

Even I plan on celebrating this year.
Joy

PS. It is REALLY cold today. Where is spring?