Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wacky Weather Wednesday

I promise to share pictures of Aidan's room soon.  It's mostly done.  The furniture is in place and everything is up with the exception of the new Planets.  In the meantime, I will leave you with some beautiful pictures of the flowers we have been fortunate to bring inside:




These recent summer storms have been wicked.  The pounding and torrential rain has been been tearing up my flowers.  But, we are so fortunate that that is the worst of our damage.  We're praying for everyone in the midwest.  Between the tornados and the Mississippi flooding, it just seems as though the midwest is under attack. 

In other news, Aidan continues to do really well in school.  He reads me one of his Bob Books each evening before bed and then I read him another book of his choice.  He continually surprises me with what he knows when we are doing his homework.  He is truly smart!  His Pre-K graduation ceremony is set for June 16th.  And then we'll be really getting ready for Kindergarten!

I purchased our tickets for Disneyland the other day.  Two all day passes for each of us (two days, all day at one park) at a small cost of $438.00.  Sheesh.  That's a lot more expensive that it was when I was a kid!  But, I know we'll have a blast.  We just need to rent a car, finish saving our spending money and set up the limo to the airport.  Then we're set!

The pool opens on Saturday.  Pat is working Saturday and Monday for this long weekend, so Aidan and I will likely go ice skating on Saturday and then hang out at the pool on Sunday with Pat.  Monday will likely find us back at the pool again as it is expected to be about 90 degrees.  I am sooooo looking forward to having a nice long weekend!

Hope to have those room pictures for you soon.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Beautiful flowers you have there! I just love this time of year:)